Setup Audio Interface DaVinci – In this blog post I will be showing you How To Setup An Audio Interface in DaVinci Resolve 17. This is very simple but may have issues if not set up properly.
Here is a step-by-step process to set up an audio interface with DaVinci Resolve:
- Startup DaVinci Resolve and create a new project
- Add a timeline and create an audio track
- Attach your audio interface by USB and connect your mic/guitar to the audio interface
- Next, go into the DaVinci Resolve tab at the top and go to Preferences
- Then go to Video and Audio I/O tab
- In there go to Speak Configuration and select Manual
- Then go to Device and select your audio interface
- Then scroll down in the same tab to the Left and Right Speaker Outputs
- Make sure that both Left and Right speakers are assigned to the audio interface name
- Click Save
And that is how you connect your speaker output to your audio interface. Now how do you connect it to your audio file and get a recording?
Go to your Audio tab which is the Music Symbol tab also known as “Fairlight”. Then go to the right side under Audio 1 and select “No Input” then select “Input” and a new window will open up. Then select both Audio 1 – L and Audio 1 -R (right side) and click the audio interface attached (left side) with all 3 of those selected click at the bottom of the window “Patch”.
This will now pair your audio interface to your microphone which can be recorded in your Audio 1 file.
Here is a video that goes of exactly how to do things to make it easier for you to understand:
Hope this helped! Thanks for viewing the blog and video. Cheers